Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Bear with me just little longer...

I am trying to update ya'll (family) with photos but I cannot figure out Blogger and how to list multiple pictures in a nice neat line with text in the appropriate places like D does on her blog. Maybe it is the template I'm using and maybe it is user failure. I would change it if I could. I am going with the theory that something is better than nothing.


We sat down as a family early in December and created a list of things we would like to do related to the holidaze. We stayed in TX for the first time in 10 years for the entire Cmas break. We missed seeing grandparents and extended family but we had a good time here doing things together at a slower pace and not packing the suitcases. We got the majority done of what was most important to us. I realized that it didn't all have to be done by Christmas Day. We had several days afterwards to get more stuff in. By that time, some of it didn't even matter any more.



















We went tent camping the 21st. We had every blanket and sleeping bag in the house but 3, I think. SB and I spent the night for the first time in a looooonnnnnggg time. The little buggers conked out about 10:45 with nary a peep from them. Daddybug and I got to spend a little time enjoying conversation and the fire a little longer. We all got these great headlamps as an early present to use. I used mine to stay up late reading a novel while everyone else slept. They were also great when you needed both hands to do something and didn't want to hold a flashlight. The kiddos didn't get us up until 7:30. I think it was too cold for them to come out.



Christmas Day was a good time. The only family we have nearby, as in, in the same state is my sister, Auntiebug. She told the kids to call her as soon as they got up and she would come over in her pjs. They told her it would be 4a.m. but we restricted it to 7a.m. DB and TB literally came running into our room at 0700. The festivities began around 0740 when she arrived. I walked down to hear TB saying "me, me, me, me" as he counted the presents for him under the tree.



We took all THREE kiddos ice skating for the first time on the 26th. TB and DB didn't know if it was ok to laugh when I totally wiped out in front of them. I am talking pain and embarrassment. The feet went up and the head went down. I think that "broke" the ice for them.


There were a lot of pajama days, reading new books and making Geotrax layouts for the kids. DB headed back to work and we just played with new toys.


Here are a few more pictures of "What I did on my Vacation"...































No comments: