Mod*Mom is giving away 75 things for Valentine's day. Things you didn't even know existed but now you can't live without!
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
What works for me this week is my pediatrician. I have been blessed to find a doctor that I like and respect. He takes my concerns seriously and listens well. He has given me some great quotes and rules of thumb over the years.
Top Five Quotes from my Pediatrician
- "Give them Tylenol or Advil, I believe you if you say they have a temperature."
- "If the kiddo starts getting you up at night after usually sleeping through, call me the next day."
- "How are you doing, Mom?"
- "I unfortunately don't have a magic potion that will fix this one, it is a virus." It makes it easier to fork out your copay rather than hearing "It's just a virus" in a condescending tone.
- "If the child is in pajamas, they are sick, if Mom is in her pajamas,the child is really sick."
Ten things I say at the pediatrician's office
- "How much was the bill? "
- "Does that mean the front office staff got a raise?"
- "Come on, act sick. How come you are acting puny at home but running around like a Tasmanian Devil now? "
- "I would like my name inscribed on a plate for the door to Exam room 4."
- "Do you have a frequent buyer punch card?"
- "Was today buy one, get one free?"
- "_______ gets to pick a sticker first, because they are sick."
- "Don't spin me so fast on the stool, I'm getting sick."
- "Don't sit on the floor, it's dirty."
- "Yes, the doctor should be here any minute."
What great tips does your pediatrician give you?
Head on over to Don't Try this at Home for more great tips!