Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Works-For-Me Wednesday: The What-Do-I-Fix? Edition




It was 5 o'clock, and the little buggers said they were hungry --over and over and over and over and over. The cupboards were bare. BUT this day, the day you had planned to take Kroger by storm, you ended up running Junior's lunch to him at school instead of getting groceries. You also took Sue to see the doctor because she coughed all night. You then stopped by the pharmacy, just making it home in time to lay your cranky two-year-old down for the afternoon nap. There was no time to shop.

The best solution to this problem that I have encountered was from a wonderful friend and neighbor, BestBug. Our usual 5 p.m. conversation goes something like this:

BB: "Do you have dinner planned yet?"
MB: "Uh, no. Do you?"
BB: " No, haven't even thought about it."
MB: "Wanna order pizza together? I have a buy-one-get-one-free coupon."

Little did I know that this time the conversation would go something like this:

BB: "Do you have dinner planned yet?"
MB: "Uh, no."
BB: "Here's a gallon of homemade vegetable soup. "

Only a stupid person would say "no thanks, I'll order pizza again". I am not stupid! I took that soup and RAN.

Unfortunately, if you don't have a BestBug in your life, you may have to settle for a 'popcorn night'. We pop loads of popcorn and cut up fruit, veggies, cheese, or whatever we have on hand and watch a movie.

Have you ever been a BestBug to someone and shared your dinner with them? Try it sometime. Knock their socks off with an unexpected dinner offer. You'll make their night!

Head on over to Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer for other awesome last minute ideas!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's usually eggs & biscuits night at our house!
or just buttered noodles again night.
:)
-daralee

Martie said...

I have had 2 friends bring us dinner lately, and let me tell you, I could get used to it! One brought pork chops and one brought tacos. Yay for friends!! I'm glad for you!

Martie

Dawn said...

Let me know if there are any houses for sale on your street, because I want to be BestBug's neighbor, too!

Unknown said...

Thanks!!!!! - you just made my night - ok so it's actually morning now :-( So...you made my day!!! You're the best!!!

BestBug