Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Kindergarten Farm Field Trip...



October was the month of the Kindergarten field trip to a "farm". I use that term loosely. Coming from Indiana originally, this was definitely a city version of a farm. Basically, a local park with a large open area hosted various farm animals as part of a traveling educational farm. The kids got to milk a brown cow that some wondered if chocolate milk came out of it. I took a turn at milking it. No big deal... : )

They watched pigs race, held various ducks, chickens and piglets, chased geese, petted calves, and picked a pumpkin from a pile. The biggest hit of the day was jumping off of round hay bales. They actually used hay for the hayride rather than straw. I think the boys just had fun being outside in the sunshine where they didn't have to sit still!





My little buggers are having such a different life experience than I did growing up. I was a country kid. Never thought I would be a city girl. I've gotten used to shopping and friends being nearby rather than 30-45 min away. If somehow I could get open sky, quiet and nearby shopping and Sonics-- I would be in heaven. Can't have everything... A girl can dream though...

No comments: