Wednesday, April 2, 2008

WFMW- Over the door organizer ideas...


I am always scouring magazines, books and other media sources for inexpensive (read cheap) ideas for streamlining our life. As a result I came across an idea to use over the door shoe pockets as an organizer for small items.

One is hooked on the back of my pantry door and it holds mostly medicines, dosage cups, tape, Swiffer refills and occasional art supplies. I like the high pockets because not only can I see what is in there but also the little buggers cannot reach it.







The other pocket in on the door out to the garage. I use it for things I might want to grab on the way out the door--seasonal items like umbrellas, hats, and mittens. BestBug, my friend, uses hers inside the coat closet for hats and outdoor items. You could use it for toiletry items in a bathroom closet, toys in a kid's room, art supplies or as a general catch-all for things needing a home.





I originally purchased one at the Container Store but the second one I purchased at Walmart or Target and I am perfectly happy with it.


Got any favorite organizing tricks of your own?


Head on over to Shannon for other great tips and ideas at Rocks in my Dryer.

5 comments:

Jodi said...

I am totally going to try this!!

Staci said...

lOVE THE IDEA. . .THANKS!!

Catherine said...

This is a great idea, my husband will love it, he loves to organize my messes.

Tiffany said...

What a great idea! I am going to have to try this. Thanks for sharing!

Headmistress, zookeeper said...

I use a clear over the door shoe organizer in the craft room for storing paints, paint brushes, glitter, glue, and so forth.

I use another one in our disabled child's room and keep her socks and underwear in it. She finds that less overwhelming than when things are jumbled in a dresser.